Children’s Therapy Services/UCP’s Outpatient Therapy
Children’s Therapy Services, the outpatient therapy program of UCP, provides pediatric Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy.
Children’s Therapy Services offers quality services to infants, children, adolescents, and teenagers. Clients served represent more than 170 different diagnoses including:
Congenital disorders Genetic syndromes Sensory processing disorders
Feeding or swallowing issues Fine motor delays Torticollis
Autism Spectrum Disorder Down Syndrome Spina Bifida
Cerebral Palsy Language delay Social pragmatics Sports-related injuries
While similar facilities may treat young clients using a “mini-adult” mindset, Children’s Therapy Services offers age-appropriate services and does not have “mini-adult” expectations for children and adolescents.
Children’s Therapy Services is staffed exclusively with therapists who have specialized training in pediatrics:
Click here for more information about our therapists.
What sets up apart from other providers?
- GaitRite gait analysis system offers computerized, detailed gait analysis
- Partial weight bearing/treadmill gait training system
- Hands-on treatment approaches and family education
- Onsite and custom splinting
- Assistive technology lending library of adapted toys
- Collaboration with the community (i.e. local school systems, Early Intervention, UAH Early Learning Center, state Children’s Rehabilitation Services, local physicians and orthotists, etc.)
- Collaboration with Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician
- Adaptation/help with acquiring equipment as needed
- Access to other UCP services provided for clients and their families
- Medicaid, All Kids, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and most other commercial insurances accepted
- Easy access to our building; no parking garages or meter
For more information about Children’s Therapy Services, please contact UCP Outpatient Coordinator at 256- 852-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.