From now until Nov. 15, any individuals who raise at least $150 or any teams who raise at least $500 for UCP Huntsville will receive an automatic race entry to the UCP Krispy Kreme Challenge 2016!
*Ask donors to mention your name/team name if donating online or directly to UCP by cash/check/credit card. All other donations can be made directly to UCP Huntsville by individuals/teams participating in the Create Your Own Challenge!
Below is a list of ideas for getting your entire organization involved in fundraising efforts to support United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville & Tennessee Valley, Inc. in honor of the UCP Krispy Kreme Challenge. Challenge your co-workers, classmates, teammates, family, friends, neighbors and church family to…
- Register to walk or run – We need both walkers and runners for this event. You don’t have to be fast (or even eat the doughnuts), just willing to participate. Keep track of the number of particpants at your organization who have registered to run or walk for team participation awards at the Challenge.
- Collect donations – Ask participants to collect cash donations for UCP and offer a prize to the individual who collects the largest dollar amount. Need “Dough-nate a Dollar” cards (see above) to display at your office, neighborhood business, church, or civic group? Call Tracy at 256-859-4900 and we will help you recognize supporters for their donation!
- Make a donation – Encourage those who can’t participate to make a cash donation at your organization or directly to UCP (see PayPal link on this page).
- Host a pre-event fundraiser—Host a bake sale, car wash, silent auction, casual day, doughnut sale, doughnut eating competition (the possibilities are endless) at your organization and invite the community to attend or compete.
- Host a Alabama vs. Auburn Day–Participants wear their team colors on a designated day with a donation to UCP. Groups may host their own UA vs. AU events (general donation collection, bake sale, etc.) to see which “team” raises the most money for UCP.
These are just a few of the many easy ways to get your organization involved in fundraising efforts to support UCP. Thanks to Adtran, Inc. for implementing and sharing these ideas!
UCP’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities and promote their independence, self-sufficiency and full citizenship in the community through direct services, community education, parent training and advocacy.
United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville and Tennessee Valley, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization operating two regional centers in Huntsville for individuals with cerebral palsy and those representing approximately 156 additional diagnoses.
The UCP Therapy Center, located at 2075 Max Luther Drive in Huntsville, provides physical, occupational and speech therapies, as well as educational and social services to 1,000 children and adults annually in Madison, Marshall, Morgan, Limestone and Jackson counties in North Alabama.
The UCP Technology and Training Center, located at 1856 Keats Drive in Huntsville, provides assistive technology evaluation, trainings and workshops, respite services, and the agency’s quality childcare enhancement training program. An additional 3,000 children and adults locally and statewide benefit from these services annually.