Annual UCP Krispy Kreme Challenge officially retires
345,600 fat grams
1 great cause
Thank you for 8 awesome years of UCP Krispy Kreme Challenge fun that raised more than $60,000 to benefit UCP client families!
Thank you to our participants, sponsors and volunteers for another great KKC!
Huntsville’s 8th annual Krispy Kreme Challenge to Benefit UCP was Saturday, Nov. 19, at 8 a.m. at the Providence Classical School (former East Clinton Elementary School campus), located at 200 White Street.
The Challenge: Run 2 miles from the start line in beautiful downtown Huntsville to a doughnut shop on North Memorial Parkway; Eat 1 dozen doughnuts; Run 2 miles BACK to the finish line…ALL IN ONE HOUR! The Challenge begins at 8 a.m.
What if I don’t want to eat a dozen doughnuts? Learn the answer to this and more at FAQs and Race Rules.
The Reward: Proceeds from your registration fee directly help more than 1,000 children and adults and their families right here in North Alabama receive needed health, support, and technology services as related to 156 disabilities and diagnoses, including cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorders, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and more. UCP thanks you for your generosity and participation in this just-for-fun event.
The Award: The UCP Doughnut Challenge is not a certified race or qualifier for a subsequent race. Each participant who completes the Challenge will receive an “I Met the Challenge” event T-shirt (to properly brag about your accomplishment). Those who do not meet the challenge will receive a UCP Doughnut Challenge event T-shirt (still cool, minus bragging rights). The best award and recognition is having fun while benefiting client services at UCP! Awards for Top Three Overall Finishers.
The Fun Mile: Run, jog, walk, or stroll the 1-mile Fun Run route at your own pace in support of UCP. Enjoy music, games, inflatables and more in the family-friendly Fun Zone beginning at 8 a.m. The Fun Mile begins after the Challenge and Doughnut Eating Contest.
Thank you to our 2016 sponsors and supporters of this event:
- Bryant Bank, Chocolate Covered
- Durham Orthodontics, Chocolate Covered
- Martin & Helms, P.C., Chocolate Covered
- Northrop Grumman, Chocolate Covered
- Huntsville Utilities Volunteer Council, Sprinkled
- Nucor Steel Decatur, Sprinkled
- The Peters Family, Fun Zone Sponsor
- Fleet Feet Sports Huntsville, Course Sponsor
- Jonathan Brumfield Real Estate Photography, Glazed Sponsor
- ManTech Nexolve Corporation, Glazed
- The Aumalis Family, Doughnut Hole Sponsor
- Page A. Banks, Attorney at Law, Doughnut Hole Sponsor
- Dr. Brian Beitel, Doughnut Hole Sponsor
- Embassy Suites Huntsville, Doughnut Hole Sponsor
- In Honor of Angel Johnson, Doughnut Hole Sponsor
- Dr. Kimberly Limbo, In Honor of All My Patients, Doughnut Hole Sponsor
- dB Gives, Doughnut Hole
- ServisFirst Bank, Water Station Sponsors & Volunteer Support
- Paul Tranquillo/BrainBlast Trivia, Mobile DJ Sponsor
- Providence Classical School, Facility Use
- Madison Blvd. Mini Storage, Transportation Sponsor
- City of Huntsville, Huntsville Police Department
- We Run Huntsville, Sports Photography Partner
The Krispy Kreme Challenge is not operated by Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation or its affiliates. The Krispy Kreme trademark and Bowtie logo are registered trademarks of HDN Development Corporation, and are used with permission from HDN Development Corporation.
View race photos, courtesy of We Run Huntsville, here.
Course Sponsor Since 2009
Keep your distance from the finish line, a.k.a. the “doughnut dump.”
Suggested Parking for the UCP Doughnut Challenge and Fun Mile (Start/Finish on White Street between Holmes and Clinton), at or near the following locations:
• Annie C. Merts Center (Huntsville City Schools Offices), 200 White Street
• White, Fleming & Co., 801 Clinton Avenue
• Green Street, between Holmes and Clinton
• Tenders, 800 Holmes Avenue
• Goldsmith-Schiffman Stadium, 2929 Beirne Avenue