UCP YAs regularly discuss local, state, and national topics of interest and concern to young adults with disabilities. Explore issues and links and let us know your thoughts at an upcoming meeting!
One Strong Voice, presented by the Disabilities Leadership Coalition of Alabama, has focused its efforts on addressing the following issues for all individuals with disabilities. To read the full report, visit One Strong Voice.
- Issue 1: Services are only available to individuals with developmental disabilities who have an IQ below 70.
- Issue 2: Young individuals with disabilities are living in nursing homes.
- Issue 3: Early Intervention services must be supported and expanded.
- Issue 4: Maintenance of large state institutions spends taxpayer dollars unwisely.
- Issue 5: Employment as a priority.
To read the full report, visit One Strong Voice.
*The views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of members of the Young Adult Connections group.