Help Me Grow Alabama (HMGA) Regional Care Coordinator
Purpose: The Help Me Grow Alabama (HMGA) Regional Care Coordinator provides care coordination for families with children birth to eight years old and assists consumers and providers to understand the services available through the early intervention system, early special education programs, special health care needs programs, as well as local resources and makes referrals to these programs as appropriate. The Care Coordinator handles calls related to the health, development, behavior and learning of children, and supports families by providing information and education on these topics, researching and making referrals to services, and providing continued support, advocacy and follow up as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood, special education, child development, social work or related health or human services field
- Knowledge of systems, organizations and programs that deal with young children and families facing developmental, behavioral and learning challenges
- Proficient personal computer skills including email, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to work independently, and with others, in designing and implementing outreach efforts
- Proven human relations skills and the ability to work with diverse populations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience in providing effective presentations and/or interactive trainings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and automobile insurance that is in compliance with the state of Alabama law
INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WITH RESUME and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.